Thursday, February 18, 2010

Treehugger and Sailing

One of my favorite websites to go to is Treehugger. They often have very neat little articles regarding self sufficiency, food, health, etc. Once in awhile they even throw in something regarding sailing.

Here are some recent articles that I found especially amusing.

Sail Your Bike with Whike:


This is a sailing kit for your recumbent bike! Sadly, we a) don't have recumbent bikes and b) I don't weigh enough. I guess you have to have a bit more meat on your bones so that you don't fly away...these things can get your bike going as fast as 30 knots!


The other article I always think about is this one:

Slow Freight: Sail Power is Actually Faster than Containerships Today


I read this when it first came out (nearly a year ago now) and I always think about that as I see those ships chugging along, pushing black smoke into the air. If you look at the comments, you can see that maybe the article is a bit misleading. Regardless, I think it's interesting to think about.





No comments:

Post a Comment