Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Presto!


In a time where people are trying to be more frugal and eat healthier, all while living the go go go lifestyle, I continually tell people to BUY A PRESSURE COOKER.

After reading a lot about them on the Living Aboard forums, I decided to ask my parents to buy me a Presto 4qt. (stainless steel) pressure cooker. This thing is freaking awesome. For awhile, we went without any sort of oven, and I baked bread and made pizza in it.

The tastiest cinnamon bread ever baked.

When a fellow dock mate had caught too many flounder, we pressure cooked one and baked the other. The pressure cooked version was MUCH tastier, as it kept all the flavors locked in. Speaking of which, pressure cooking your vegetables is the much healthier option, as you're not boiling away the vitamins.

Flounder from Bruce.

One of the best things about it is the length of time it takes to make food. Justin's favorite is corn, because not only does it take 5 minutes from the time you husk it to the time it's on the table, but if you happen to forget you've bought corn and it's gone sort of wonkey, it still comes out tasting amazing. Potatoes are one of my favorites, as they are another five minute task.

Anyhow, I can't say enough fantastic things about pressure cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment