Sunday, January 10, 2010

La Loupiote

In the dead of winter, I dream of one of the most amazing performances I have ever seen-right at my own marina.

We noticed their boat instantly - bright yellow, just like ours. The next day while I was at work, Justin met Franck. They hung out a bit, and Justin found out that they were staying for about a week at Constitution Marina and would be performing for us at the end of their stay. At the time, I wasn't quite sure what kind of performance this would be, and I suppose you can say I had my doubts about it but was still curious enough to make sure not to miss it.

Well well well. It turns out, that Franck and Delphine were quite the amazing couple and their children also quite amazing. They perform for a living while cruising their (beautiful) boat, and have found a way to make it all work. It never ceases to amaze me at the clever way people will find to be able to cruise if it really is their passion.

They had to purchase their boat specifically for their acrobatic performances - you'll notice in the pictures the flush deck which allows them to more easily jump around as necessary without too terribly stubbing innocent toes. Also, the sound system they have set up is AMAZING, and the morning of the performance I could hear them preparing from 1/2 a mile away while walking Willie. Aside from that, they really utilize what their boat already provides for their performance. It's fascinating to me how a boat that you live/cruise isn't just a boat, but it becomes a part of you. It's no wonder that a boat is a "she".

And so, here is their website, and a few pictures to capture your imagination.

La Loupiote





Many thanks to our friend Mark Orr for the photographs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment