Wednesday, February 11, 2009

charts and a puppy

Some of you may know that I work at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston. I'm a security guard, nothing glamorous. But, I get to see lots of the cool stuff we have there. This is a picture I took with my phone of a 'chart' that we have there. This is a chart from the Polynesian islands. As a rule, the Polynesians didn't really use charts and they had it mostly in their heads, but this is one they had actually made. The white spots are shells and they represent islands. The sticks are various direct routes and the bent sticks represent wave and current patterns to watch out for. Amazing.


And, Jenny found this wonderfully cute picture of Willie from when he was a baby. February 7th was our one year anniversary of owning Willie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment