Tuesday, May 6, 2008

delays and excuses

I know we haven't updated for a while, but I just want to assure you that this blog isn't ending at all. The same delay in updates happened around this time last year because I'm finishing up all of my final papers plus trying to get the boat ready for summer (two boats this time). So, things are a tad hectic lately.

Madrigal is officially out on a mooring and we are just waiting for the Fitz to sell, though we admittedly haven't tried very hard. I'm trying to wait the 2 more weeks til I'm done with school so that I can get Fitzy all cleaned up and shiny to try to sell. So the real effort will begin then.

Summer visitors and trips are already beginning to take form. I'm scheduled (and maybe Jenny depending on her work) to make a sail trip up to Acadia Maine on my friend Mike's Pearson 42 on memorial weekend. That's a 36 hour sail from here, so that will be a great learning experience for our meager sailing skills.

The next weekend we have a Michigan friend visiting and then my grandfather might hopefully finally get here the next weekend. I really hope my grandfather can get out here. He's always loved the ocean and boats, but has never really been to the ocean haha. So he's been chomping at the bit to get here. We'll see.

More updates as summer proceeds! Pictures and fun stuff hopefully soon.

-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment