Thursday, May 3, 2012

Farewell, Farewell

This was my last view of Madrigal.  I turned back and took a picture as I walked away from her at a dock in Newport, Rhode Island.

I can't say I didn't cry just a little bit.  It was like abandoning a friend and close companion.  I think Madrigal is happy though.  Her new owner plans to live aboard her on a mooring at Block Island.  He plans to install a wind generator very soon, and he plans quite a few other ambitious and wonderful projects... all of which I'm sure Madrigal herself will appreciate.  He is very happy with the boat and how she performed on her sail down there.  It may be sad to hand her over, but life changes, we change, and our needs change.  She is in good hands and we are all happy to be moving on.



Farewell Madrigal, Farewell.

1 comment:

  1. At around the same time you were bidding farewell to your lovely boat, we were moving onto ours. A year ago my husband and I decided to take the plunge, we sold our house and most of our belongings, and in November of last year bought a 36foot ketch in Plymouth, UK. And last week we moved aboard with our two young daughters. So our adventure begins - or continues. It's people like you who have inspired us and made us believe that we could do it, when our families have been often less than enthusiastic. You can follow our blog on wordpress.
    Best of luck!
    Martina Tyrrell

    ReplyDelete