Friday, September 21, 2007

hosed again

Pressurized water system broke this week. A hose cracked right next to a T-coupling. Of course, the hose had a strange end on it so I can't seem to find a replacement and haven't been able to figure out a way to rig it in the meantime. Filling jugs of water constantly is getting a bit old. Especially when doing dishes.... Jenny's parents are here for now, but when they leave I've gotta tear this old system out and start replacing with a few updated and better couplings.... too bad classes just started. I'll be busy for a while. :)

I'll try to keep blogging!
-Justin

I was going to end the blog there, but this reminds me that I would like to post how I intend to make this blog a bit more helpful/friendly to the liveaboard wannabes out there. When we were looking into this lifestyle people were largely helpful and welcoming. It is very easy to get lots of quality info via the internet and a large array of books. But the real learning didn't seem to REALLY start till we moved on. With that in mind, I'd kind of like to "catalog" so to speak all of the various repairs, troubles, and learning experiences that we have while embarking on our life aboard. There have been many already. This water problem is just the first one that I've chosen to share via the blog world. While these problems can be annoying they are only a slight hindrance in the light of how great living aboard has been to us.

Having said that..... once again,
I'll try to keep blogging!
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment